Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
Episcopal Diocese of Nevada — The Rt. Rev. Dan Edwards, Bishop
Downtown by the River — Corner of Island & Rainbow ● Reno, NV
• Bible & Books: Bible & Books meets every Sunday at 9:30 AM in Conference Room A downstairs in the Parish Hall across the parking lot from the Church. Every year, we have had a number of fascinating studies including Spiritual Journaling, a DVD series that told the Nativity story through art, and a number of spiritual books that we enjoyed discussing every Sunday. Join us for coffee or tea and great conversation. Bible & Books usually takes a short break during the summer months.
• Centering Prayer: Every Tuesday at 12:10 PM, a Centering Prayer group meets in the small chapel on the west side of the sanctuary. Centering Prayer is a silent method of prayer where often you choose a word such as "forgiveness," "love," "peace," and use that as a touchstone to sit in the presence of God.
• Special Adult Christian Education Opportunity in the Fall: Every fall, we offer a special afternoon/evening education opportunity for Christian adults. In the past, we have studied the intersection of Science & Religion, welcomed speakers from other faith traditions so we can get to know each other better, explored the world of St. Paul's travels, and looked at issues for progressive Christianity.
• Men's and Women's Social Groups:
— Divinely Fine Women is Trinity’s women’s group with social outings every month that are fun with no agenda. Are you on our mailing list? Contact Anne Towner at AnneTowner@Att.net or 775-827-3784 and ask to be put on the DFW E-mail list! All women of the parish are welcome to any or all gatherings.
— A Lot of Good Men is our Men's social group that meets for fellowship and good food once or twice a month. Contact John Hill at JAHill06@Charter.net or Clyde Ikehara at CnP_Reno@Yahoo.com with any questions and to make sure you’re on the ALGM E-mail list!
• Lenten Study and Dinner: During Lent, we have a special afternoon/evening devotional time that includes a simple supper, worship, and special educational opportunity for the season. In the past, we have had The Prayer Buffet where we learned many different ways in which we can pray, looked at the lesser characters that participated in Jesus's final week in Jerusalem, and were amazed by a history of the time between the writing of the Hebrew Scriptures and the Christian Scriptures through the record of archaeology.
• Morning Prayer: During Lent, we offer traditional Morning Prayer from the Book of Common Prayer early in the morning. On Fridays during Lent, we have Stations of the Cross.
• Spiritual Retreats: We offer spiritual retreats a number of times during the year. We have held these in Advent in December, during Lent in the spring, and in June at the Oxbow Nature Study Area off Dickerson Road in Reno. There are also special Men's and Women's retreats held at our Episcopal Camp Galilee at Lake Tahoe annually.
• The Labyrinth: A labyrinth is a maze with a single path to follow. They can be found worldwide and have been used for sacred purposes since ancient times. Most commonly called the "walking meditation," it can provide a way to pray, lead to new insights about your relationship with God, and give you quiet, centering, comfort, or healing. Each person's experience is unique. Trinity's labyrinth is patterned after the one found in Chartres Cathedral in France. Trinity has a tradition of making our portable labyrinth available during different times of the year, such as Good Friday and New Year's Eve. Because of the abiding interest of many in our parish, we would like to offer opportunities to walk our labyrinth. Please keep watch in the Sunday bulletins and this website for dates and times. If you are interested in becoming a part of the labyrinth ministry, or if you have any questions, please call Sara Oliver Erwine at 775-826-8028, or E-mail her at Sara@Gbis.com.
— For further information about any of these offerings, please speak to one of the clergy, contact our office at 775-329-4279, or E-mail us at Office@TrinityReno.org. —