Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
Episcopal Diocese of Nevada — The Rt. Rev. Dan Edwards, Bishop
Downtown by the River — Corner of Island & Rainbow ● Reno, NV
The great thing about being at a large church is there are so many ways in which you can give back to others. Find the ministry that speaks to you!
• Food Collection: The third Sunday of every month, we bless the food we have all brought in for the poor of our area. It is then distributed to the Food Pantry at our sister church St. Paul's in Sparks.
• Sack Lunch Ministry: On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week, we prepare and pass out lunches to the homeless in our area from 9:30 to 10:30 AM. Many of our homeless neighbors have a puppy or a kitty that needs food too; we accept donations of both dog and cat food so we can help them with this need. Sometimes, the unconditional love of a dog or cat is the only love these folks have in their lives.
• Discretionary Funds of Our Clergy: Please consider making a regular donation to the discretionary funds of any of our priests or our deacon. These are the funds we used to specifically help the poor both in our Church and in our community. We use these funds to help people with bus transportation, emergency family or personal needs, and groceries.
• Outreach Committee: Our Outreach Committee meets regularly to discern where Trinity can be of greater service in our community. For more information or to share your ideas, please contact Peg McCall at PMcCall5@Juno.com.
• Pastoral Care: We work hard at being aware of the needs of our congregation. Please be sure to let one of the clergy know if you have special needs or are going to be in the hospital for any reason. Also let one of the clergy know if someone else in the church has a need.
• The Caregivers support group, "Catching Our Breath" meets the first Tuesday of every month at 4:00 PM. Caring for a loved one can be both a blessing and a difficult burden if you're trying to carry it alone. Join us as we pray, listen to one another's stories, and laugh together.
• "You are Not Alone" support group for people dealing with chronic illness or facing a life-threatening diagnosis meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 4:00 PM. Community support is so very important when you are facing a serious medical diagnosis or living with a chronic illness. Once a month, we share the stories of our individual journeys, pray for one another, and pray by name for anyone unable to make the meeting. Healing anointing and personal prayer are offered after the group meeting..
• The Ruth and Naomi group focuses on anyone who is dealing with loss. If you have lost a loved one, are dealing with loss of a job, a divorce, or any kind of loss or grieving, we welcome you. The Ruth and Naomi group meets the first Wednesday of every month at 5:00 PM.
• Eucharistic Visitors: If you are homebound or in the hospital, call our office, and we will make sure we bring you communion. Specific training is required for this ministry.
• Baby Bundle Ministry: Baby Bundles is composed of and supported by members of Trinity and St. Catherine's Episcopal churches. With items donated by both congregations we assemble “Bundles” of layette items for St. Mary’s and Renown hospitals. They are then distributed by hospital staff to disadvantaged new parents who have little or nothing for their newborn.
• Prayer Shawl Ministry: Every Thursday at 2:00 PM, the Prayer Shawl group meets and knits or crochets together. The prayer shawls created are then blessed at our regular 10:30 AM service, and are offered free to anyone who would like to take them to someone in the hospital or someone who needs to feel the warmth of God's presence surrounding them.
• United Thank Offering: In the fall, these offerings of coins in blue boxes, currency and checks, express our thanks for personal blessings throughout the year. Offerings gathered together from throughout the Episcopal Church provide funds for special ministry projects beyond the resources of an individual parish or diocese.
• Good Shepherd Clothes Closet: Your donations of men and women’s clothing go to people who need clothes, but cannot afford to pay for them. Please bring items directly to the Clothes Closet at 4th & Record Streets on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
— For further information about any of these offerings, please speak to one of the clergy, contact our office at 775-329-4279, or E-mail us at Office@TrinityReno.org. —